Sunday, June 19, 2011

Forthcoming e-book: a little more

The approximate target date for the e-book version of Praise from a Future Generation is this fall.

That's it, so far. Just, "this fall."

The plan is for me to read through the existing book and mark it up with any corrections I might want to make, more than three years after its original publication. I've already begun this and expect to finish no later than the end of summer.

For the most part, I'm making little changes most wouldn't even notice. A dash becomes a semi-colon, for example.

But I'm also adding some new material. Not a lot – but stuff that probably should have been there all along. For example, there was, at the invitation of the House Select Committee, a meeting of seven or eight WC critics in 1977. This included four of the people I wrote about in Praise.

I've got a long HSCA document pertaining to this meeting. "For the most part," a staffer summarized, "it was agreed by the researchers that our number one priority must be to focus on the Warren Commission."

I'm also replacing some stuff about Mary Ferrell with some better stuff about Mary Ferrell. I interviewed her a few years before her death and she described to me how she learned of the assassination. But I subsequently found a better description in a letter Mrs. Ferrell wrote to Sylvia Meagher, and I shall use that description for the e-book.

There's other little stuff. Just enough, I suppose, for me to call the e-book a "revised second edition" with a clean conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment